New Compost Tea Recipe/Trial

Went to BiggerTown yesterday and had to stop at Lowe's for some plumbing stuff and picked up a big bag of bone meal and a bag of Espoma Bio-Tone, which contains fifteen strains of bacterium, eight species of ectomycorrhizal fungi and two species of endomycorrhizal fungi.

Started another batch of compost tea and thinks to myself that a big handful of the Bio-tone might be a good idea to add.

After twelve hours it sure smells earthy.

I'll try and leave some control plants, to see how this works.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Keep us posted, Charlie. We all have a Lowe's near us in the U.S..

Reply to
Steve

I shall. Does easynews carry alt.binaries.pictures.gardens?

Charlie, winamping Mark Knopfler, "Don't Crash the Ambulance-- from Shangri-La"

Reply to
Charlie

Haven't started any teas yet. So far, I'm just broadcasting manure and compost on the garden. I'm about 80% completed (I hope) with the planting.

Sunday, we plan to make a romantic run to the coast (40 min. away) for lunch, sea weed scavenging, and stop for an aperitif, as we drive back along the Russian River from Jenner.

Reply to
Billy

Sounds nice.

Lunch and drinks at Alexander's ?

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Yup.

Reply to
Steve

Oooooo, wave to Cazadero on your way by. We used to have a place there. Excellent climate for growing mold.

Reply to
Steve

The Lowe's by me doesn't carry Espoma Bio-Tone. They have some organic products but they're very expensive. Almost $6 for small bags of blood meal, bone meal etc.

Reply to
Geranium Run

And mildew. Don't forget the mildew. 90 inches of rain a year and little sunlight. Great if you like hunting wild pigs. I don't. Yeah, Ill wave at Austin Creek Road.

Reply to
Billy

So, here I am twisting in the wind wondering why you asked that. I'm either a little slow on the uptake, or you have a vicious side you are just now revealing. ;-) Or both. Or neither. But here I am wondering...

Reply to
Steve

Well now, this adds a new dimension to our little online diversions, does it not? It was such a simple question.....

The *only* reason I asked this question of you was, if there are any obvious results in plant growth and yield, between the treated plants and the control plant, I would post visuals for you.

Sheesh......

Or maybe not......heh heh heh.....

Bien dormir.... ;-) Charlie

Reply to