Moon Star Watermelon

Does anyone know how large these should grow before being harvested. I have one that is about the size of a bowling ball right now. Thanks. :)

Reply to
Lisa J Gehl

I had one go fifty-four pounds last year. All the others were big too. They were beauties but not as tasty as a crimson sweet or seedless. When the little tendrils close to where the stem attaches to the melon dries up they're ripe.

I'm talk>

that is about the size of a bowling ball right now. Thanks. :)

Reply to
H Hornblower

I had one go fifty-four pounds last year. All the others were big too. They were beauties but not as tasty as a crimson sweet or seedless. When the little tendrils close to where the stem attaches to the melon dries up they're ripe.

I'm talk >

Reply to
Lisa J Gehl

Thanks for the info Dwayne, I didn't know there was more than one kind of Moon and Stars. Knowing the person I got them from, mine will be HUGE. LOL :)

Reply to
Lisa J Gehl