Mo' Rain

Late last night we received a blessing of rain, about 1.7 inches in two hours. Just the right amount to perk the gardens and trees up again. Now we have to mow again, probably tomorrow if we don't get mo' rain.

We've been harvesting so many sweet peppers they go straight to the church pantry that day. Now the okra is kicking in big time and we have to pick daily or the fruit gets woody. Lots of that is also going to the pantry as we have a freezer full of okra already.

This has been a pretty good gardening year but not as good as a few years ago when all the plants went crazy. Some crowder peas fell off the vines earlier this year and have made vines, the darned things are eight or ten feet long and starting to produce. We may get a second crop after all. The Japanese eggplant is also going crazy, making so much fruit we can't keep up with it so it is off to the pantry too.

Tilly Dawg is finally getting better, not so much sneezing, coughing and scaring the hell out of me. She is still on a steroid and a antibiotic pill. She has lost three lbs so that should make the vet happy. We will be going there tomorrow afternoon for a needed shot and some heart worm meds. Tilly will excited until we get there and then she will start shaking. She gets over it quick as the vet and helpers are all nice people. She will soon get to the point where she will just go in and go to an examination room as she did in Louisiana.

George

Reply to
George Shirley

we don't want or need any more rain here for a while and the forecast looks good for this week with a little chance for tomorrow and through wednesday. i'm hoping it all misses us entirely. after i get the beans checked and any dry pods picked it can rain. haha. :)

tomatoes have kept on, we put up 19 quarts Saturday. not sure how many are left. i'm kinda avoiding looking at them... don't want to know. just do it when it needs to be done.

perfect weather today, going out in a few to putz around.

it's been a good year here alltogether. a few things didn't do great, but on the whole it's been fine. good thing we have a lot of clay, it gave me a day or two leeway on when i had to water during those really hot and dry spells we had.

glad to hear she's doing ok. :)

songbird

Reply to
songbird