mache // corn salad

I just cant get these buggers to come up.

OK, the past couple of weeks I have planted them in the ground twice and once in a big pot which I covered with plastic in the day and watered every day. Only 3 or 4 came up and they were the ones in the pot. In Chicago area. What is the deal with these guys? fresh seeds just ordered. I have tried in previous years too. I thought they were a good cover crop????

Ross

Reply to
Ross

they wait for cooler temperatures to come up, possibly after first frost and after a good rain. so take out the plastic which makes it too hot for them. once established, they will come up in that spot over and over again. I last planted mache four years ago, and I eat it every spring.

Reply to
simy1