heating pad for seeds

I got a really late start planting my seeds (indoors)I was thinking of putting my seeds (tomato, bell/hot pepper, basil) on a heating pad on the low setting, to help speed germination. I am wondering if the low setting is enough heat, I don't want to go higher and risk cooking the seeds! Is there a way to monitor the temperature? What about those disposable stick on thermometers? Also, I have the tray covered with a plastic lid. The seeds are planted in jiffy 7 peat pellets. I wonder if that is too humid an environment and will cause rot or damping off when seedlings? Thanks for help.

Barbara

Reply to
barbara beardsley

I cant promise it my method will do it as fast as yours, but I put them on top of my freezer or refrigerator. They seem to come up pretty quick that way for me.

Dwayne

Reply to
Dwayne