Garlic Bed Mulch Crop

in a couple weeks our garlic is ready for harvest. last year we harvested the garlic, covered the bed with shredded straw to prevent weeds, and didn't touch it again until early october a couple weeks before planting more.

this year i'd like to grow a cover crop with the intention of incorporating it by turning it into the soil as an amendment when preparing for planting garlic again this fall.

growing zone 6. any suggestions for what to plant. fava bean roots apparently help add nitrogen to the soil. is doing this even recommended, or is it not a good thing to do?

Reply to
fos