freeze alert

NOAA has a freeze alert out for tonight. Poop!

Now I have to go pick everything, ready or not!

Where are you that's having a freeze alert? Here in the Baltimore area, we're expecting upper 80's for the next few days.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

Flagstaff AZ is having them according to neighbor who will be moving there.

Reply to
Frank

send the freeze here, it's close to 100F.

Reply to
George Shirley

Lat: 38.93894°NLon: 119.67725°WElev: 5171ft.

UPS???

It was 95F here two weeks ago!

Last year we got clobbered by the Pineapple Express. Maybe this year we are getting clobbered by the Polar version of it (there is a name for it too, but I forget and can't find it).

If so, it means a lot of snow and ice. And Trout are safe from me spoiling their dinner for a month or two. They should know better. They are never safe from me!

Last time I was in Reno was in the eighties, also went to Lost Wages. Nice people mostly but I don't gamble, never had enough money to throw away.

Had relatives in Reno and stopped by to visit on the way back to Saudi Arabia. We always flew home and back to Saudi around the world. The company paid the way so why not. Alas, no more excuse to go there anymore, the relatives were the grandchildren of an uncle I never met and we never visited them or them visit us again.

Reply to
George Shirley

we're expecting upper 80's for the next few days.

2C%20USA

For those of us who haven't memorized all the latitudes and longitudes, can you identify a nearby city and state?

Reply to
Pavel314

Click on the link. It will give yo a topo map, cities, roads, included. You can expand the map to see where we are versus the the rest of the state or even country

It hit 29F last night, Zucchini are all dead. Curious. The cherry tomatoes and my pepper seemed to have survived. My one lemon cucumber seems sad, but it also seemed to survive.

My nasty hot, woody radishes and my goji berries seemed to have enjoyed themselves.

Eat your heart out, it hit 91F again here in Texas.

Wife has been in the garden since day started, she's replenishing the raised bed "dirt." Plus she's ticked off for some reason so me and the dawg are hiding.

George

Reply to
George Shirley

I use drug-free horse or family operated organic dairy cow dung (fortunately, from sources of long acqaintance) + homebrew compost + commercial alfalfa pellets. Pre-seed amendments are likely (but not guaranteed) to be alfalfa pellets (yep: A damned True Believer), blood meal (swine), bone meal (swine), a skoshe of epson salt + ferrous sulfate (always a judgement call).

If it's really 90+ in greater Texas, put on your hard hat and big boy boots and hobble Miz Wife to half-days.

Reply to
Derald

You probably left the toilet seat up.

Try the following:

"Honey, I understand"

If that does not work

"Honey, you were right"

And, if THAT does not work

"You were right. I was Wrong. I am sorry I argued the point with you"

And make her a cup of tea!

good husband

Reply to
Muggles

George Shirley wrote: ...

hope it is not heat stroke...

i used to acclimate to heat ok for the summers, but not since living with AC and carrying extra 20lbs.

i was chipping away and losing a few here or there this summer, i still might be, haven't checked lately. i know i can now dig pretty well for a few hours and work ok, but the heat eventually gets to be too much.

i'll be hiding inside for the next few days. 90+F still in the forecast and i don't have enough left to do outside other than heavy projects i don't want to do yet. later in the week we'll be back to the 70s and maybe 60s.

my knee needs a rest anyways. :)

songbird

Reply to
songbird