Feeding Peppers

Growing peppers in 5 gal. Container, watered from bottom.

What is best for feeding these plants? Miracle grow? Fish Emulsion?

Reply to
Sammy Shuford

I fed my with Miracle Gro. They're doing quite fine.

..

Reply to
cloud dreamer

Fish emulsion is 5-0-0, which is good for seedlings and transplants, but won/t provide enough nutes to see the plant through till frost.

MG is sold in many strengths, so it/s hard to say if it/s 'best,' but it/s probably better than fish oil only.

Granular ferts are generally better than liquid b/c they last longer. A one-handful side-dressing of granulated 5-10-10 once the flowers appear should be all they need. If the length of your growing season and your garden space allows, you can succession-plant about six weeks after the first planting to ensure a continuous supply.

Reply to
TQ