eat the weeds

Does anyone eat weeds? I love dandelions, lambsquarters and purslane! Eddie

Reply to
Hermit

More of us should I think. ;-)

I'm fixin' to start experimenting with purslane next year.

Reply to
Omelet

Harvested the turnip greens from a spilled package in the St Augustine...does that count?

Lar

Reply to
Lar

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Hermit) expounded:

I've been putting purslane in my salads for years. Not too wild about dandelions, lambsquarters are good. I love dressing up salads with edible flowers like johnny jump-ups.

Reply to
Ann

You should try pulling the green off the dandelion flower and putting the petals in your salads. Collect the dandelion seeds, dry them and sprout them as you would any other seeds. They are great in soups and salads. How about those violets that grow in some yards? They are yummy, too! Have you tried purslane pickles? Eddie

Reply to
Hermit

And mache.

Reply to