Catnip

So if I were to plant some catnip in my front yard, it would not

*hurt* the cats, right?

On another note I wonder if it would deter or attract the neighborhood cats...Hmmm...Maybe if I planted it in the neighbors yard the cats would go there and crap...hmmm...

Reply to
John DeBoo

Is catnip the same as catmint?

Reply to
Elizabeth

My FLA friend bought a large catnip plant from home depot and kept it on her back patio in a pot for her cats. She lived in a large complex with lots of neighbors with lots of cats. Her two female (not fixed) cats would spend lots of leash time on the patio. So many cats would stop by to get high she had to get rid of it. It was hard enough already keeping the toms away.

Reply to
KK from NJ

No.

Possibly. Generally, though, catnip is the whiteflowered one (Nepeta cataria), whereas catmint is either the tall or the low blueflowered one (Nepeta grandiflora, Nepeta x faassenii).

Henriette

Reply to
Henriette Kress

Thanks for the clarification including botanical names.

Reply to
Elizabeth

We have wild catnip growing in our area of Wisconsin. Everybody always calls it "catnip" although it is technically a mint because it has a square stem. If my husband or I walk through it, when we take our shoes off, the next thing you know, our cats are licking the shoes, rubbing against the shoes, draping themselves over the shoes. And this goes on for hours. They even get into fights over who gets possession of the shoes. I'd hate to see what would happen if I actually brought some of the plant inside.

LeAnn

Share the view from Rural Route 2. . . Christmas In Dairyland To read sample chapters and other stories, click here:

MacTech