Bordeaux/Burgundy spray

Does anyone know how long Bordeaux or Burgundy spray has to be on peaches to give protection? I made up the copper sulphate segment of the Burgundy spray yesterday, mixed the full recipe this morning and sprayed but we have rain forcast in about 3 days time and I wondered if 3 days on the plants will be enough time to work. Anyone know?

Reply to
FarmI

I think you are sweet. If it hasn't done the fungi present in 3 days it won't. As for those that blow in on the wind next week that's another matter. I do all the stone fruit at this time with copper oxychloride (very similar, works the same way) and I only do it once. Seems to work against peach leaf curl which is a fungus regardless of dew or rain a few days later.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Eh? Well I guess it's nice to be called 'sweet' at least once in my life because no-one who knows me would do that :-))

If it hasn't done the fungi present in 3 days it

Ah! So it's a 'contact' fungicide.

As for those that blow in on the wind next week that's another

Thanks David.

Reply to
FarmI

I wasn't being personal You may be sweet but I don't know that. I mean she'll be right mate. It's apples. Success is likely.

Yes but it also will stop spores getting started for as long as it remains, so rain will reduce the long term impact somewhat.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Ah bugger! for once It hought I'd fooled someone. I've not heard that variatal of sweet before.

Well the cllouds are gathering so it might not be too long before it pleuts.

Reply to
FarmI