Blood meal - how to use it.

I used Blood Meal, because we were very low on nitrogen in our veggie garden. I used it according to instruction - worked it in the soil and then watered. My question is do I have to work it in the soil for the nitrogen to get in the soil. I ask this because we have chicken wire laid down, because we have cats, and the crops grow thru the wire. I don't believe I'll be able to work anything into the soil once the plants grow much. If I just sprinkle the blood meal on top and then water well, will I get any benefit?

Thanks!

Reply to
Sam

You will get some benefit by leaving it on top. You'd do better to till it in, but your plan will work if you do water it in.

RTL

Reply to
Robert Lewis

another free alternative is to piss into a bottle or bucket and dilute it maybe 4 to 1 and water that in to the garden. Piss contains a reasonable amount of nitrogen.

rob

Reply to
George.com

and salt.