Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

35 F. last night 47 F. now tonight ???
Forecast is for lows about 50 F. starting tomorrow. My soil temp is about 60 F. sometimes still our forest and flowering trees carry on. Nothing burned but I'm a late starter .
1
1

What has happened to my peach tree?
Please help something has attacked it! We had loads of peaches last year but this year looks very doubtful and want to help it so we can have a crop next year? many thanks Simon...
2
2

Gardening questions just post questions
If weeds grow so well why do I have to do so much to my soil or do I ?
1
1

How to Build a Pondless Waterfall
Definition: A pondless waterfall or "child-proof waterfall" is a waterfall that cascades into a subterranean catch basin or cistern rather than a pond. The collected water is then returned to the top...
1
1

Preen
I weed my 300 square foot garden every day so imagine how excited I was for this product. $15.00 and 2 weeks later what a disappointment. At first I think I used too little so I made sure everything...
7
7

young sunburst cherry tree needs help.
Hi there, my husband brought me a mini patio orchard of 4 fruit trees. leaves have just started to come out for the first time and i ave just noticed the leaves on the young sunburst cherry tree are...
3
3

Strawberries !
Hey y'all , I have a strawberry question . I bought one of those packages of 10 (June-bearing) plants at wallyworld , planted them in a prepped bed a week or so ago according to the package...
9
9

Prescription Bottles / Seed Storage
Somewhere in my garden reading was a suggestion to use these for storing seeds. There were also instructions on how to easily remove the labels and the sticky stuff left behind. Was it here by chance?...
22
22

Spreadsheets from Johnny's
or Use Johnny's interactive planning tools to calculate how much seed you'll need, estimate seed-starting and succession-planting dates, vegetable yields & more. http://thurly.net/1b4n
2
2

?? Turkeys & Garden
Anybody have experience dealing with the kind of wild turkey common to the southeastern U.S. relative to his garden? A trio has appeared in our little green place and I'm trying to determine whether...
12
12

Should i turn my pond filter off? my
I have a pond filter but my mum and dad keep turning the pump supplying the water to it will this will kill the beneficial bacteria, it is left off for nearly a whole day.
2
2

Can i use sand and peat as mulch.
Could I just put the sand and peat on top of my garden soil . Or should I till it in. Diesel.
1
1

Seed potatoes
With exception of having more to plant ,what is the purpose of cutting seed potatoes into halves or quarters? thanks hlb
10
10

Little garden on balcony - need advice
Hi, I live in London and am lucky enough to have a little balcony. I grew tomatoes and peppers/chillies a couple of years ago, can't say I could have fed the borough but it was so lovely and the...
10
10

last years onions are growing.
I'm out today and some of last years failed onion sets are growing. They didn't grow but a bit. The weeds blocked the sun. They survived all winter They're a bit banged up but they are growing nicely....
1
1