Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Herbs
Well, it looks like wifey's planting of herb seeds was 102% successful. We now have lots of basil, cilantro, etc. I know they are best used fresh, but one can only use so much so fast. What's the good...
7
7

Bugs follow-up
Looks like I might have saved 3 of 6 plants . Removed the bugs , buried the stems to root , and I've been keeping the soil a bit wetter than normal . Two of them still wilt a little in the afternoon...

Aquaponic Gardening
Hi, I'm obviously new here and would like to introduce people to Aquaponic Gardening. For those of you who dont know its the growing of fish and plants in one natural system. The benefits are that the...
2
2

OT Fifteen reasons to grow your own food.
Those here might find this interesting.
24
24

25 to 1 ratio
Animal Factory: The Looming Threat of Industrial Pig, Dairy, and Poultry Farms to Humans and the Environment by David Kirby (Available at your local library, until they are closed.) RAISING A STINK I...

Grrr , bugs
Found the problem with the zucchinis . Small black beetle type bug is eating the stems . Leaves behind a yellowish paste like substance . Any solutions ? I'm just sick , these plants were doing so...
6
6

Wilting Zukes
Went outta town for a few days , while we were gone the gkids and their mom watered for me . A couple of my zucchini plants have an unexplained wilting of leaves - and one has died , but it was weak...
5
5

tomatoes
Hello to the group .My question /comment the first few weeks I had many large vine ripened delicious tomatoes from different varieties But now I believe the mockingbirds are pecking them just as they...
4
4

Ping David H-S
Did you catch Catalyst the other night where they weed infested soil with sugar in an effort to have native plants such as roo grass, chocolate orchids etc regenerate?

Greenhouse advice sought
For several reasons, I want to build a greenhouse. I can control the weeds somewhat. I can install a watering system. I can protect the plants from some of the vicious winds we have here. I just have...
3
3

PBS GardenSMART music
FYI...we are celebrating the use of =93Dry Pond Road=94 in the most recent episode of the PBS-aired GardenSMART program! Grab 25-cent downloads at... you're into Appalachian Folk acoustic guitar...

tomatoes: preventing 'sun scald'
Our tomatoes have something like septoria afflicting the leaves. I've been cutting off the damaged ones, and the plants look like they may survive. They have set some fruit. If they do survive, I've...
3
3

Broccoli flowering
My broccoli is flowering, is there anyway to stop it? Half of my plants have already flowered, so I've cut the heads off of those, removed the yellow flowers and eaten the rest. Should I eat the...
5
5

Daikon ?
This is my first attempt at growing daikon. They have been in since mid-April and some are showing signs of bolting. The tops of the roots have pushed out of the ground 2-3 inches and are 2 inches or...
1
1

fruit netting
I've got about a 4 year old peach, and a few blueberries. Last year, the peaches mysteriously vanished one day, even though I had sorta draped netting over them. Is there an alternative, and when...
13
13