Thanks to all who responded to this thread and my previous .
Split the stems and debugged the two that are still alive . I'm trying to
re-root one that was in really bad but still living condition . I'll be
watching closely the next few weeks , though as far as I can tell I got 'em
all . I checked for eggs and saw none of either plant . This is the first
time growing zukes for me , and the only reason I'm growing them is for
stir-fry because that's the only way I like 'em .
Two plants , if productive , should supply more than we can eat ... oh ,
and the cants are clean , so far . Looks like I won't be needing chemicals
yet , but the info I found with a web search says Sevin will be the
"least-bad" choice should I deem it necessary . Hopefully it won't come to
Click to see the full signature.