What is this called

Some kind on insulation has been put in my m8 flat and i could do with it myself for something but i have google "draft excluder" "draft excluder rubber", "windows draft excluder" and never come across the right stuff check b&q, home base screw-fix even fleabay and nothing, so i presume i'm not using the right search term, i only need about 7-8 feet of it

link for image is here

Jim

Reply to
Jim

It is just a simple draught excluder. Anything you find in a diy shed will do just as well.

Incidently it is bad protocol to use text sortforms on a usenet group, i.e. mate not m8.

Reply to
Woody

B&Q he said? Something like this

otherwise accessed by

will probably do it. And doesn't involve drilling holes in the window frame - which if you are renting you should check with your landlord.

shortforms of the right kind are IMHO fine, but then IANAL. Still, YMMV :)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Yea i know not to use m8 trouble was i had just got of the phone from texting my mate and it just followed on here, soz oops sorry ;-)

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Thanks for the reply Andy, no that will not do for my needs, it's to be used with a set of balcony doors where the wind comes between the 2 doors, i have no issues with nailing it in place as new double glazing is going in next summer, it seems the best i can get is the stuff that has brush effect on it that normally goes on the bottom of the doors which i'm sure is better then nothing but would look well out of place.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

In that cast... how about some masking tape? You can even paint it to match the frames if appearance bothers you that much.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

None of that shows up cos most read in plain text.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff