Water collecting on bath edges

Since moving into my house 2 years ago I've had a problem with the corner ends of the bath where the taps are, which is below our shower unit. Water from the shower collects in the corners of the bath edge (where the bath meets the wall and is sealed). Consequently, the seal gets mouldy rather quickly as its constantly submerged in water. Just wondered if there were more substantial edging kits that could be bought for this kind of problem, or any other solutions?

Cheers

James

Reply to
James

You can buy plastic edging from B&Q etc. It is not that attractive IMHO but may work.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Wipe it dry with one of those sponge cloths (Spontex??) after every shower, it only takes a few seconds. Mould will only grow in areas that are left wet/damp.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

I`ve fitted UPVC quadrant in the past along the top edge`s of baths when a larger seal has been required to stop water ponding on the top. With the correct mold resistant sealant it adheres to the tiles & bath and it looks OK, but does depend on what colour your tiles are as the UPVC is only avaliable in white.

Richard

Reply to
fullflow plumbing