Warped door

My front door has warped in one corner ( bottom - opposite the hinge side) inwards by about 3/8" inch.

Not sure whats caused this, no problem until the last year or so

The problem is that there is a burglar alarm sensor there, and on the frame, and it is now not lined up when the door shuts, so I can't switch on the alarm.

If it bowed into the frame I could probably put a block there to over compensate for the warp, and it would eventailly get better (maybe......)

However it bows away from the door.

Any ideas what I can do please.

.
Reply to
PaulT

I am trying to visualise this. Do you need to chisel out some wood and recess the sensor in the door so that it aligns with the sensor on the frame? Sounds like the door is knackered.

Reply to
DIY

My thoughts as well, I think the door is knackered The sensor in the door is only a 1" diameter magnet but its glued in, but if the doors knacked I will try and get it out and moved as I cant really do more damage.

Reply to
PaulT

Would some sort of bolt at the bottom, and maybe the top as well ... a) Encourage the door to straighten b) Help the sensors line up, later if not sooner.

Mine is warped inwards at the top, and rattles in windy weather. A previous occupant has put the most pathetic bolts at the top and the bottom (wouldn't keep out a determined forced entry), yet they are sufficient to force it straight and stop it rattling.

Reply to
Java Jive

The only other option I can think of is to move both sensors to a position where the door and frame are level, if that is possible.

Reply to
DIY

The "sensor" in the door is only a magnet . Simply relocate it in the door to be opposite the switch part in the door frame but mark it with an arrow so it goes back in the door in the same plane. Very common problem in the alarm game with older property.

HTH

Reply to
Frosty