Tiling

Kitchen coming along fine, if a little slow !

Now at the stage ere I am going to fix the work top into place

Do I tile behind the worktop, or straight onto the worktop?

Thanks

Reply to
Dave

Tiling on top of the worktop is the norm.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

The wall tiles should stop just short of the worktop, about half a centimetre would be about right, the gap being filled either by sealant or a sealing strip. That makes it easier to remove a worktop if you ever have to.

Reply to
DIY

Thank you for the replies. I know it may have seemed a petty posting, but I could not work out whether to tile on top, hopefully reducing any possible water running down the back. or behind to ease removal of the worktop if necessary at a later date

Problem solved once again

Thank you both.

Reply to
Dave