Solving the Mystery of a Non-Working Storage Heater (2023 Update)

I have a storage heater with four elements. It won't heat up. I see one ele ment is burnt out. However, the elements appear to be wired in parallel - a s I would have expected - which begs the question why won't just the ones t hat are any good heat up? Is there something which stops them all heating i f just one fails?

Reply to
cryptogram

Troubleshooting a Non-Working Storage Heater:

  1. Check the thermostat: Make sure that the thermostat is set correctly and is functioning properly. If it's not, you may need to replace it.

  1. Check the wiring: Make sure that all of the wiring is connected and secure. Loose or damaged wiring could be the cause of the problem.
  2. Check the fuses: Make sure that the fuses are not blown and are functioning properly. If they are, replace them.
  3. Check the heating elements: Make sure that the heating elements are all in good condition. If one is burned out, it could be the cause of the problem.

If you're still having trouble with your storage heater, you may need to call in a professional.

Tools you may need:

  • Multimeter

  • Screwdrivers
  • Fuses