Squirrels in a roof space

Has anyone got any practical suggestions for ejecting squirrels from the roof space over my front door and downstairs loo. They have got in via a small gap between the curved edges of roof tiles and the soffet board. Unfortunately there is no access into the roof void that they are in without starting to do drastic things like removing tiles (not in my capability).

If I can get them out, I have been told that there is some sort of product which can be attached to the top edge of the soffet and has an upper edge the same shape as the underside of the tiles to reduce the gap. Any ideas what this might be called?

Reply to
Albert

Good source of pest control products:

They have an advice line: "If you have any questions call us on 01772

310200."

Jach

Reply to
Jach

Hi Albert,

A builders merchant should be able to help you out but I think this is the sort of thing you mean.

?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=40157 I'm lucky - my garage is built in to the house and shares the same sealed roof space as the entrance hall/cloakroom. I just cut a trap in the garage roof plasterboard to get access to mine.

Squirrels are basically rats with big bushy tails (!) so if doing the same isn't an option, I'd get a roofer in to take the tiles off and make sure they haven't been knawing at any plastics/cables that might be in there, and make sure you get them all out (you don't want any rotting corpses!).

HTH Midge.

Reply to
Midge

Thanks Midge.

Not quite what I was thinking of, but you gave me the lead to what is called "Eaves Corrugation Closure" on this page:

and others who call it "eaves filler"

Reply to
Albert

An"Eaves Corrugation Closure" is only used for corrugated sheets. A comb filler is used to keep birds out but is useless for keeping squirrels out. One idea is to lay a 150mm wide verge strip along the eave attached flush to the front edge of the fascia under the tiles and lay a bed of 3 to1 sand cement mortar on top of the verge strip and bed the bottom of the tiles, filling in the underside of the rolls.

Reply to
keith_765