Shower controls

About 10 years ago I had a Sirrus thermostatic shower fitted that runs off mains pressure. Over the last year or so the temperature control has got stiff, and now it is stuck on the same setting, which is too hot. It would seem that replacement would be not too difficult, but pretty expensive. Would it be possible ( or worthwhile ) for a fairly novice DIYer to dismantle and try to repair it, I live in a hard water area and am just guessing that the problem may be due to scale building up over the years.

Many thanks

Reply to
Dave

dead easy - heres a diagram.

zaax

dead easy - heres a diagram.

Dave

Using Sods Law the faulty part will be most expensive and difficult to replace part.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Try filling it with vinegar and leave it for an hour. If it is limescale that may fix it. I wouldn't recommend that you take it apart.

Reply to
Stickems.

I recently replaced my Aqaulisa non thermostatic inards with a compatible Aqualisa supplied Thermostatic valve cartridge only. I don't know if you can get the same replacement parts for yours but it was easy this way, Just four screws to take out the old insert. Poke out and replace an O ring and screw in the replacement cartridge. 10 minutes £105. No detailed dismantling or cleaning or disturbing plumbing.

Dave

Reply to
dave