Screwfix website and Trojans

My copy of Registry Mechanic came off a magazine cover disk so hasn't cost me anything. I'm never convinced that this annual update of software is as much of a benefit as the providers claim!

Ret.

Reply to
Ret.

One thing to consider too is it is less likely that a reputable/major site has been genuinely compromised. So in a case like this, I'd always suspect a false positive - and report it to the vendor whose product is reporting the issue.

I use Kaspersky Internet Security which as well as being a good product, also has good support and on the two cases I've had a false positive during the last 3 years and raised a support call, they had fixed it in their signature files within 24 hours.

See also

HTH Midge.

Reply to
Midge