Return packaging

If you go back 12 or more years, uk.legal used to be one of the best newsgroups with many lawyers answering questions and engaging in discussions. Then various pratts who didn't know the difference between legal and politics started filling the group with their political views, and the lawyers and other experts got fed up and left. uk.legal.moderated was an attempt to recover from the damage, but it was far too late and it's never come close to being the valuable resource that uk.legal once was, sadly.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

">>

Oh I don't know ... I think I've learned that some people on the other group drink too many cups of coffee and need to lower their caffeine intake ... then again some of them seem very clever been able to type whilst wearing a straight jacket

Reply to
Ash

I quite agree Andrew, but sadly, that seems to be the way of things today.

Cash

Reply to
Cash

UK legal is quite possibly still a good place to go for such advice. Unfortunately, it needs a skin like a rhino to survive there, as any opinion contrary to someone else's is likely to result in an ad hominem attack. Even supportive posts are likely to get such a rejoinder. I don't think that it was OT posts that drove people away but more the clearly damaged personalities of so many there. Unfortunately those same personalities frequent the moderated group. Like any cess-pit, it fulfils a purpose, but isn't somewhere that most people would like to live in.

-- Sue

Reply to
Palindrome

It was the OT posts which drove the lawyers/solicitors away. Without them, there's no credible expertise remaining in the NG.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Would she be likely to have the packaging that the replacement came in?

Just a thought.

Reply to
Aardvark

Ignore that thought. I read the rest of the replies in this thread subsequent to posting my knee-jerk reaction :-)

Reply to
Aardvark