removing emulsion

Hi Guys,

I have spots of emulsion on my gas fire after rolling the ceiling and having tried to scrub them off with a washing up scourer (not the metal type) the black paint on the top is starting to wear off. Does anyone have any ideas with regard to removing the spots of emulsion easily?

Thanks.

Reply to
Fred

Wash with a sponge and HOT water only, so HOT it very nearly burns your skin. If it's just emulsion it will come off any non porous surface fairly easily with HOT water.

If it's gloss paint you're probably up that famous creek without a canoe let alone a paddle....

Al

Reply to
Al

Ammonia will shift it. Emulsion doesn't like ammonia. I had it all over a bath left by a tenant once and the ammonia got rid of it easily.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

Reply to