recommend staple gun?

I tried my trusty hand stapler last week in an effort to re-cover some chair seats. Unfortunately it wasn't powerful enough to push the staples fully into the particle board for the seats (the last chairs were a softwood frame, on which it worked fine).
So, any recommendations for a staple gun that will work on hard particle board please? Without spending more than a new set of chairs would cost! :-}
The seemingly ubiquitous TRE550 seems to get very polarized reviews; other low end ones seem to have largely poor reviews.
TIA.
--
Mike Scott (unet2 <at> [deletethis] scottsonline.org.uk)
Harlow Essex
On 17/05/2018 11:24, Mike Scott wrote:

I had this problem. So I finished off the stables with a tack hammer.
Andy
On 18/05/2018 21:13, Vir Campestris wrote:

That was of course staPles...
Andy
On 21/05/18 22:54, Vir Campestris wrote:

And there I was wondering how the horse would react to the tack hammer :-)
I've decided to try a different tack - I've ordered some 4mm staples instead of the 6mm I've been trying. I'm hoping they'll go all the way in.
This board seems to be the hardest stuff in the house - I've tried the manual stapler on sundry bits of scrap wood and chipboard, with no problem at all; it's just these particular seats.
--
Mike Scott (unet2 <at> [deletethis] scottsonline.org.uk)
Harlow Essex
On 22/05/18 09:06, Mike Scott wrote: .....

Just to say the 4mm staples work fine - they drive right in, and are quite firm enough to hold the seat cover.
--
Mike Scott (unet2 <at> [deletethis] scottsonline.org.uk)
Harlow Essex
On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 11:24:56 AM UTC+1, Mike Scott wrote:

Homebase do some good cheepy hand guns