Re: Painting pictures on wood

This is good stuff at B&Q Focus etc

Thanks Steve

That sounds really good for painting something in a single colour and I'll keep a note of it for future reference. But for this project, I need a big range of different (mainly pastel) colours, so that's why I'm hoping to be able to use water colours on a matte base.

I tried an experiment today with a piece of bare wood. Gave it a coat of emulsion and when it was dry I painted a blob of water colour on top. Then after that dried I finished it off with clear nail polish (nearest thing I had to varnish!). Seems ok, so I think I'll give it a go.

Elaine

Reply to
Elaine

Thanks G

Glad I read this before I started with my emulsion! I've found a box of acrylic paints in Argos for £12.99, but a search on Kelkoo for plasticoat doesn't return any finds. Do you remember where you bought it from please?

Thanks

Elaine

Reply to
Elaine

Hi Elaine

Yes, if you need several colour's it isn't a good choice, it isnt cheap as well.

I am sure that I have seen plasticote in either B&Q or Focus

HTH Steve

Reply to
stevej

It's Plastikote BTW.

Reply to
Derryck Croker

All B and Qs and Focus's etc and gor the cheapest wilkinsons. stock it. Most art shops also sell kits for doing this sort of thing, I later found out.

Regards G

Reply to
G Cadman