Oil or electricity

Which is cheapest to heat my water, immersion heater at around 13 pence a unit electricity or oil at 60 pence a litre, in other words should I turn on the immersion heater to conserve my oil actually bought for less than 40 Thanks

Reply to
Leveled

What kind of boiler? (answer may be affected by the efficiency!) however I suspect the oil is cheaper for the water, just as you seem to know it is for the heating.

x-posted!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Approx 10kw/l in oil so that's 6p/unit against the lecky 13p/unit(*). The boiler would have to be pretty ineffcient to make the oil more expensive.

(*) Might be worth the OP shopping around for lecky. I pay about

10p/unit.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice