night storeage heater.

I have a night storeage/combi (with elec convector) heater. One side is cold - i think an element has gone. How do i take off the front? The screws in the top have a sign - do not remove till bricks have been removed so i think that is not the way in! It is a Newlec combi with two dials on the top right. Thanks for any help.

Reply to
London

In article , snipped-for-privacy@am2ma.eu writes

They usually hook over at the top and have screws at the bottom facing upwards so you may need a stubby screwdriver. You should then see another metal panel with visible screws which you undo. There will be an insulating panel behind the metal one followed by the bricks. If it is a modern one the element will be a bent sheathed element screwed into a heat resistant terminal block at the bottom. Check the terminal block connections as they may just be loose.

Do isolate the circuit at the consumer unit as well as switching off at the wall.

Reply to
fred

Thank you. I got as far as the bricks - i presume the element is between two layers of bricks but they were too hot to remove. One side was hot one cold. I have left it off till the morn.

Reply to
London