Laminate Flooring

I fancy doing this in my hall and bathroom but I'm not sure what to do where the laminate flooring meets the carpet at the living room door. Is there some kind of joint I should use? Also will the level of the floor be raised by the new floor so that it would cause a trip hazard?

Cheers, Bob

Reply to
Bob Watkinson

You can get suitable strips with the flooring. They would go over the laminate and the carpet.

Yes, it will, but not by much.

Only if you're clumsy.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

You need one of these things

except you want a carpet to laminate one. I got mine in B+Q and they do them in various shades to match your laminate.

The answer to your second question is no, because the door strip accommodates the difference.

Regards Bob

Reply to
BeeJay

Most sheds do lamate to what ever strips. The hight of the laminate is no higher than a reasonable carpet with good underlay. Also get the right tools and it looks better to removed the skirting so the floor floats under the skirting

-- zaax

Reply to
zaax

You can buy "wood to carpet" or "laminate to carpet" profile, it's a bar that has a slightly lower drop on one side than the other.

Had to use a few myself recently when fitting our new flooring.

Nothing too difficult.

Reply to
Billythekid123