Knocking out a 4ft x 3 ft concrete 2 1/2 inch shelf...

... that is built into in an old cupboard style larder. My little boys school friends dad is coming to do it, and I asked how much money to get out of the bank and he said, 'oh, we'll sort that out another time!' He sounded like he wasn't going to charge me, but I'd like to know how much it might cost, so I can offer it anyway. He's bringing his 'mate' and said it would take about an hour to knock it out and tidy the walls up a bit. How much do you suggest?

They're coming tomorrow morning (Friday)

:-)

Ta

Vj

Reply to
Vdkjll

he gives an evasive answer then say " Well, will twenty cover it?"

Otherwise he may finish the job and say there you go mate, 500 quid to you.

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Thanks for replying, I'll try that!

I just emptied the cupboard and although nothing in there was rubbish/inused, it's filled almost every work top in the kitchen! GULP, I'll need shelves somewhere else for it all now!...

Vj :-)

Reply to
Vødkäjéllÿ

Women eh? (yes me) I got the wrong Friday, he was coming next week. So as I'd already cleaned the cupboard out, I borrowed my mums lump hammer and TA DA! I did it myself :-) It took exactly an hour including clearing up the rubble.

I don't know how you manage to work, see and breathe properly with a dust mask, goggles, gloves and a hard hat on though!

Rock On!

V-WearingHobNailBoots-j

Reply to
Vødkäjéllÿ

Me, I have a small gardening spray and use it frequently when bashing concrete. Virtually no dust and generally no need for a dust mask. Unless something could possibly fall on my head, a bobble hat does. Goggles are a different matter. Having had a metal shard fly off the hammering end of a cold chisel and imbed itself into a pair, so that it was actually sticking through both sides, I wouldn't cut my toe nails without a pair, IYKWIM..

Instead of fine dust going absolutely everywhere and the whole house to clean, I just get a small muddy patch to wipe up..

Reply to
Palindr☻me

I remembered seeing water being sprayed after a building deomlition so I got the plant mister out for when i was tidying up after :-)

I do have very dusty hair at the mo, even though I was wearing a hat, I'll think bobble hat next time :-)

I do, my husband was forever getting metal splinters and bits of dust in his eyes when working, so I do KWYM :-)

I had the window open by the cupboard and the back and front door open and the windy day today nicely helped whoosh the majority of dust out of the house. Thanks for your tips :-)

Vj

Reply to
Vødkäjéllÿ