Kitchen wall units (mounting)

OK....I've dropped a bit of a ricket....had an extension built as I wanted.....kitched designed as she wanted.....electrics and plumbing in place.....but the cables are in the way of some of the wall mounting brackets for the wall units. Any ideas on the best way of mounting the wall units using an alternative to the brackets supplied ?

ahhhhhhhh bummer

ok Eric......relax.

Thanks :-)

Reply to
Eric Hall

Depends on the units, a piece of detail which you omitted.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel
1 x 500unit 1 x 400unit
Reply to
Eric Hall

Typically putting in additional bracing so that the load can be transferred to somewhere that *can* be screwed to the wall.

For example, putting in say a 4" x1" timber going horizontally from edge to edge in the inside/top of the unit. Screwed and glued to the wall unit. You can then safely offset the fixing points to places along this timber.

Reply to
Palindr☻me

A long... bracket that should allow you to fix without hitting the cables. Good luck.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

When I was fitting it was possible to by hanger rails, just like the small hanger brackets but came in 2 metre lengths.

Screw this to the wall avoiding power cables

It is also useful with stud walls, screw it to the timbers

One small snag, you have to cut part of the back of the wall unit away to make way for it, but only about 5mm x 50mm

The rail is the best way to do it.

Local hardware wholesalers may stock it, if you are near the SS0 postcode Harts Wholesale is where I used to get it. Ask for hanger rail.

Reply to
kitchenman

Thank to all for the advice. The length of hanging rail seems to be the answer. A happy Christmas and New Year to everyone :-)

Eric Hall