Heating problems

Hi there.

Well, my boiler isn't firing up for hot water or heating!!

What I know is :-

  1. The boiler pump works
  2. The system pump works
  3. The 3-way electric switch works (and I've just changed the motor).

So I assume (and only assume) it must be the ignition switch on the boiler, right??

If so any idea on repair cost, or is it worth joining the British Gas service scheme (£10 per month) and use their services??

Regards

Matt

Reply to
MP

Does it have a fan assisted flue? If so, does the fan work? Fan failure will stop the burner lighting, and will probably cost you over £200 if you get a gas fitter to fit one

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Pete - yes it does. Is changing a fan something I could do myself?

Reply to
MP