Gutter not draining - help!

I've only just got a conservatory built but the downspout for the gutter is at the highest point. There is only one downspout and I was told before it was built that there was only one downspout so I made a point of saying before it was built that it should drain properly, (had previous problems with house drains). The gutter is fixed to the box section which sits on top of the window frames so there is no adjustment which can be made (pretty stupid IMHO), so the problem is that the water is now lying at the furthest point from the drain, (fitter blames the builder for not building the wall level). I was thinking that the only way to sort this is to level the inside of the gutter by pouring in something like self levelling compound but I've never used this and don't know much about it, it's viscosity, setting time permeability to water, anything really. Is there way better way to sort this, is there some other resin/compound I could use which pours like water but hardens after a time and is not susceptible to prolonged immersion in water which hopefully it won't be as the whole point of this is that the water should now run off.

Reply to
Silicone Joe

There's a good reason for that.

It was installed by an idiot.

It is self-evident that the guttering for your new conservatory should drain properly. You told them beforehand as if it were necessary, that it must drain properly. It doesn't. What they have sold you is not of merchantable quality.

Write to the conservatory company and politely ask them to come and rectify the work they have done. Don't phone, write, it's not so easy to ignore.

If they refuse, mention the sale of goods act, trading standards etc.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat