Garden Tap. Double check-valve.

How can I tell if my existing garden tap has a built in double check-valve?

Is is possible to tell just by looking at it or to I have to take it apart and examine the internal components?

Ed

Reply to
Ed

What is a double check-valve?

Reply to
Stickems.

It prevents waater back xyphoningg .

Reply to
Ed

I don't know how to tell if it's single or double, but if there's a checkvalve in the tap, it's visible at the inlet end in my one. There may be other designs where it's visible from the outlet end, I don't know. You'd have to remove the tap to check, but not dismantle it.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat