flueless gas fire

hi

I am looking at buying a flueless gas fire from B&Q as I have no chimney has anyone had any experience either good or bad before I buy it

cheers

Chris

Reply to
simon

We have just bought a Burley flueless gas fire. Having researched it, we chose that option over building in a chimney breast and putting in a flue. You can check out their site at

Check out different stockists as we got ours £100 cheaper than some quotes. Check out
in Darlington, Co Durham....will give you a better idea of prices.

Eric & Tina :-)

Reply to
Eric Hall

I have no experience of the above, but..

The portable gas heaters (with a calor gas bottle or similar in the back) are flu-less and as a result give off an awful lot of water vapour which condensates on your walls to make your wall paper mouldy. So I would check that out.

Also.. if its flu-less, where are the carbon monoxide fumes going? So probably need loads of ventilation, otherwise you'll also have oxygen depletion

Reply to
johnh

The flueless fire passes the waste gas through a system similar to a catalytic convertor. There is no moisture although the fire is recommended as a secondary system to be used alongside a central heating system for example. I had to fit a vent in the room where the fire is fitted, bought the vent kit from the local plumb centre. The vent is 100 sq cm and is therefore fairly unobtrusive next to the front window near the floor.

Hope this is of some help.....Eric

Reply to
Eric Hall

hi eric

how good is the heat output ? was it worth the money?

Reply to
chris

Hi

I have had a flueless gas fire for over 20 years and have had no problems with it whatsoever, until now that is, as it requires replacement due to being worn out.

This fire is situated in the lounge of a property built in the early 80's. Clean air is drawn from the outside and exhausts though the same apeture. Best described as a pipe within a pipe. It is completely safe when properly installed.

Hope this helps.

Leon

Reply to
Leon Hay