European electrics

In article , Woody writes

Bloody 'ell, not another one ;-), see my reply to Adam.

Reply to
fred

Woody is using NTL and I am using Virgin, I assume they are now the same thing and it is a Virgin problem.

Cheers

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I have 11 (4 more from Woody).

James,

I'd stick a UK plug on it and expect no problems. Must be a posh machine to be worth bringing over!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

In article , ARWadsworth writes

Good point, you're both using OE too but maybe it's too much of a coincidence for both to be borked at the same time.

Reply to
fred

The evening insult I sent to Dennis via eternal september on another NG went out without a problem. Virgin sent the same message,insult 5 times

Reply to
ARWadsworth

This is so weird. I'm also on Virgin (ex NTL) and my msg was still in Outbox after it arrived in the group. It was also in my Sent box - which otherwise is empty.

Surely there's another explanation...?

Reply to
Martin

Better safe than sorry :-)

Reply to
fred

In article , James writes

You're welcome and better safe than sorry.

Reply to
fred

Thank you for asking this question. I have just imported a vacuum cleaner from Germany (model not sold in UK) and wondered if there would be a problem changing the plug. For the moment, I am using an adapter but you have got the answer for me.

Phian

Reply to
Phian

You should make an offer for one of those provided under PFI for the new now-defunct Regional Fire Control Centres. They cost a cool £6000 apiece!!!

Reply to
Woody

I had the same problem with Virgin.

Mr Pounder

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Virgin seem to be going though bad patches at the moment with their Usenet 'service'. I keep a free albasani account as a back up and for when I'm away from my home connection to NTHell.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin