Correct position of Carbon Monoxide Alarm

One of the places the manufacturer advices not to use is 'near an appliance' The most convenient place is next to my wall mounted gas boiler.Seems logical to me, to have it near the source of the possible leak Any advice please Blair

Reply to
Blair

If the manufacturer advice not to use is 'near an appliance then don't do it.

Reply to
zaax

In UK recommendation is to be not nearer than 1.8m to a fossil fuelled appliance.

This is so you are not plagued by nuisance alarms.

Reply to
Gel

That makes sense but in my case the appliance is a gas boiler so that should be all right Blair

Reply to
Blair

Is Natural gas not a fossil fuel ?

Gio

Reply to
Gio

I suppose it is! I am going to try it and see if it goes off prematurely Blair

Reply to
Blair