Conservatory remote

Our combined fan/light unit blew a bulb today and the remote will now only operate the fan not the lights. The lights work fine by the pull switch. There's no obvious fuse to check and I wondered if anyone has any ideas? It's an Ultraframe model 78356 mfg 020 Thanks TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Blown triac in the controller?

Reply to
Palindrome

Sounds about right. Thanks TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Yep renown for it ,a trick we use is to swap the fan feed for the light feed in the controller (mounted under the fan top cowl) this allows 3 light levels via remote and fan on pull only. Or just replace the controller (around £35-50 depending where you go)

CJ

Reply to
cj

Thanks CJ, I'll replace it, where would you suggest is best to buy from? I understand it is a FRCA001 TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Hi Tony Now you're asking if you are in the NW searchlight do a similar unit around £35 , Ultraframe charge anything from £50-£90 even DIY stores have the radio versions in some superstores again around £35. Or (dare I say ) try ebay, Failing all here's a starting point...

HTH

CJ

Reply to
cj

Cool, thanks CJ. I'm just awaiting the quote from Ultraframe and then will probably buy from one of the sites you suggest if UF are as expensive as expected! Meanwhile a look on ebay won't hurt... Thanks again TonyB

Reply to
TonyB