Combi boiler

Hot water ok but rads won't come on, no flashing warning lights, pressure fine, any ideas please?

Reply to
H.J.

Possibly pump failure. Possibly air in rads.

Reply to
Bod

It's also quite common that the pump will stick if the heating hasn't been used for a while.

Reply to
Bod

If it was the pump then the boiler would still fire, get hot and then the boilers internal thermostat would cause a boiler trip out and a fault code.

I would be looking at any external controls such as a programmer or thermostat for a failure.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Diverter valve stuck?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Thanks lads most of that was over my head, but , I never use the timer, just the main rad/water switch. I was just turning the timer hoping against hope, and the small switch I/O on the timer just dropped down on it's own, I put it back up and the boiler fired up. but the switch did't feel right , there was no click, So sounds like a faulty switch on the timer. Thanks lads

Reply to
H.J.

Thanks lads most of that was over my head, but , I never use the timer, just the main rad/water switch. I was just turning the timer hoping against hope, and the small switch I/O on the timer just dropped down on it's own, I put it back up and the boiler fired up. but the switch did't feel right , there was no click, So sounds like a faulty switch on the timer. Thanks lads

Reply to
H.J.

Where do you live? Most of the UK have not needed CH for the last week?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It's better than finding out it's busted during a cold snap and spend a freezing week trying to get it fixed....! That happened to me a few years ago.

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

Agreed. It's not a bad idea to run your c/h a few times during the summer. Stops things seizing/jamming up.

Reply to
Partac

My Worcester Bosch combi operates the pump for a short time automatically on a regular basis to avoid this.

Reply to
Ret.