Cable / Hole Protectors ?

In my computer room I have some kitchen base units and a worktop. Using this as a desk.

I want to drill a couple of holes in the top of the worktop at the back for the cables. When holes have been drilled, I want to put something in the holes to protect the cables from rubbing on the wood and also make the holes a little neater.

I have seen something similar to what I am looking for on an old video unit of a friends.

Can anyone make any suggestions please as to where to get what I need or how to make something....

Reply to
the_constructor

I made a desk and wanted the same sort of fitting. There are fitting on manufactured computer desks but I could not source them so I made my own. I used the lathe. That way you can make them what colour and what size. Hope this helps. Joe

Reply to
Joe

Desk grommets?

Curious

It took me a while, but I eventually discovered that 'cable tidy' is the magic incantation. I get them from CPC - as someone else posted, they have various colours, etc. There actually seems to be a standard size.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Reply to
Bruce

I drilled a 60mm dia hole then pushed a cutting of a waste pipe down from the top, it has a flange on top and looks good, under the desk I just cut it clean. For taking my cables from the computer into an adjacent cupboard where I have the printer, scanner etc. I cut the wall and fitted 2 double 13 amp socket boxes in opposition, I cut the bottoms off them and they match up enabling me to easily slide cables through the stud partition.

Reply to
Stewart

Blimey isn't this the third request for info about this in about a week? I feel a Wiki coming on:

-> My first (a test!)

David

Reply to
Lobster