builders rate

Hi all

I wonder if someone can advise the ballpark day rate for a builder these days. Someone quotes me £150 per day in the Oxfordshire. Is this within norm?

Regards

pl

Reply to
Ted Lo

Local jobbing builder charges £20 per hour. (Bristol)

Reply to
EricP

Absolutely no help here but a friend in Bristol has two ladies digging his veg patch. They are charging £2 per hour for both of them!

Reply to
malc

LOL They must be in a 60's timewarp!

Reply to
EricP

Not expensive - same as I charge.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

My friend did tell them they were under charging but as they're starting out in business I guess they want to operate under slave conditions or something.

Reply to
malc

Thinking about it, that sounds about right. £20 per hour, 7.5 hour day. Try getting your car fixed for that rate!

Reply to
malc

I was just thinking that, the local Iveco dealer wanted 75 quid to set up the tracking on my motorhome, i asked why so much, they said it was cos they like to spend half an hour ensuring it's spot on,

so they charge £150 an hour labour, and i thought people were joking when they claimed iveco charged 2 grand labour to replace the front torsion bar bushes due to the ammount of work needed to dismantle everything to get at them,

Reply to
Gazz

But you do some work.

Builders just have a mobile phone address book full of brickies, joiners, plasterers, sparkies etc that they know, employ a couple of labourers and do not actually do any work, except fetching bits from Builders merchants.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth