British gas cut through my gas pipe

Hi, Not sure this is the right place. Today A british gas engineer came to my house to install air ventilation. when he drill a hole on my wall, (there is a gas pipe in the wall), he cut through the pipe. Obvouisly he will fix it, but he plan to run the new pipe from the outside of the house, I am a bit concerned. What can I do about it? thx

Reply to
zy

What exactly are you concerned about?

Reply to
Slider

thx.

  1. whether gas pip (from meter to kitchen, 5 meters) outside is not safe?
  2. could it effect the value of my house?
Reply to
zy

I wouldn't personally have one around the outside of my house, because of aesthetics, and nickability. I would require repair in place, or routing out of site via some other route.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I agree with you totally on aesthetics (and convenience to the light fingered) but at the same time I have noticed that many new builds in our area, particularly blocks of flats, do have the gas supplies running up the outside of the building. I assumed this was to reduce the amount of piping inside and reduce the risk of build up of gas, and subsequent loud bang, caused by leaks at joints etc.

Reply to
Keith W

THe most I concerned is the value of the house, I know some ppl will not buy house with pipe at outside.

Should I ask BG has to install the new pipe under the floor? (That may involves take out part of old floor, add new ones,), BG probabaly reluctant to do it.

Should I insist that? If they don't do it, should I suit them? or ask my house insurance to take care, (if they cover).

I was a first buyer, know nothing about house, any suggstion is appreciated

Reply to
zy

BTW, My home insurance has legal protection but no accident cover

Reply to
zy

There is usually a contact number on the insurance you can call for legal advice. Use it!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

British Gas caused the damage - they are responsible to rectifying it to your satisfaction.

I would accept a bodge workaround just to make it easy for them.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Heather

Britsh Gas has liability cover, get them to repair to your satisfaction not theirs

Reply to
Kevin

"Nigel Heather the-heathers.co.uk>" British Gas caused the damage - they are responsible to rectifying it to

Did you mean wouldn't?

Reply to
Keith W