Breeze Block Wall - mortar mixture

Hi Again,

What do people think is the best mortar mix to use for strength for a 4" 7 Newton block wall?

Are these tools that give the right amount of mortar on the block any good?

-- Sue

Reply to
Palindr☻me

Hi,

Try link

And search for mortars - there is an answer here under Frequently Asked Questions. Basic logic - depends on location of blocks / exposure, strength of block etc.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Sharrocks

Thanks for the suggestion Tom. An interesting read - but, whilst it specified a mix where strength wouldn't be an issue - it just mentioned that other mixes should be used where it was.

I was after a really strong mix!

Reply to
Palindr☻me

from what i know there are different classes of mix in grades 1-5 for 7 newtons I have used 4 lb to 1 cement. no reason just seems strong. for classes of mix go to paving expert.com. I know they have a section on mix ratios /strengths/ classes as I looked it up yesterday. Quick search class 3 mortar mix should sort it out.

Reply to
nthng2snet

Perfect! Thanks a lot.

--=20 Sue

Reply to
Palindr☻me

If you mean the brickytool - yes, I'm a convert.

Roland Butter