Bloody Woodchip!!!

I have just spent over a day removing Woodchip wallpaper from the upper half of my Mums bathroom, not a big room at all. It was a b*****d to get off! I have done it now but in case I have to remove anymore does anybody have any tips. I used a steamer, scored the paper, used sharp scrapers, etc. etc. and it still took an age to get it off. Why does this paper stick like s**t to a blanket? Whoever invented it should be made to go and remove it from all the walls it is stuck to. I have told my Mum if she wants anymore decorating doing it had better not involve removing woodchip!

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

Run a tiger claw over the walls and them get plenty of steam in the room for about an hour. You will find that the paper will very nearly fall off.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

With ordinary wallpaper paste a steamer should strip it without problem.

In my old house they had stuck the woodchip with PVA glue which made it almost impossible to lift. Using a steamer would lift not only the paper but the skim coat plaster.

As it's in the bathroom I wonder if that is what has happened in this instance?

The only advice is care and elbow grease!

Reply to
mikes