Woodchip paper?

Anyone seen large rolls of this about in the course of their travels?

Cheers

Reply to
EricP

Are you trying to track down the last remaining few so you can burn them ?

Reply to
Séan Connolly

Just coat the wall with PVA and spray cornflakes over it. Then you can paper over with a plain paper. Easy.

;-)

You're welcome.

Reply to
Paul Andrews

Toilet rolls are cheaper mate.

Woody

Wickes, ISTR - however, it's not best quality - take care not to stretch it.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I dunno why people have a problem with woodchip. Whist I admit it's not the most stylish wallcovering it certainly improves lumpy walls. The same is true of artex.

I'm sure that textured walls/ceilings will come back into fashion soon, just as carpets are starting to do.

sponix

Reply to
sPoNiX

No. A thousand times no. I'd rather have chunks of plaster falling off than either woodchip or artex.

Then I'll emmigrate.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I have no problem with textured wallpaper - though I think the patterns available 10-20 years ago* (Graham & Brown) were far better than the current range. But please don't mention wood chip in the same breath!

*I know. Old age. But the present range seems to be so old-fashioned! ;-)
Reply to
John Cartmell

I am ashamed to say I want to put it on walls.

Reply to
EricP

Yes, their stuff is like one chip per per square inch, but any port in a storm :))

Cheers.

And to the rest of you:

TTHHHHHHRRRRRRPPPPPPP!!!

Reply to
EricP

Not sure why you want "large" (long?) rolls. "Touch" made a very good wood chip ("ingrain") paper. It's much nicer on walls than textured paint, for instance, or that damn stuff with sand in it....

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Didn't Christie use woodchip when he was decorating? ;-)

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

LOL! Sorry :)

Woodchip though, ewe!

Reply to
Séan Connolly

It does not "improve" lumpy walls. It conceals the lumps.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It does no such thing. It introduces new lumps. Thousands of the b&stards.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

It improves the appearance was wot I meant.

Reply to
sPoNiX

See that house decorated in woodchip? That's your dream house, that is!

:)

sponix

Reply to
sPoNiX

No. Woodchip was invented because people couldn't afford plaster. It wasn't a lifestyle choice.

I would no more apply woodchip paper than I would sew patches to my trousers.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

You Swine!!!

You worked it out!

/me goes to pack and flee.

Reply to
EricP

UGH! I think artex should be banned! It's a real pain to get rid of.

And then go out of fashion again leaving a mess to get rid of.

Mark

Reply to
Mark