Are fridge-freezers noisier if frost-free?

Can you tell me whether the noise made by a Bosch frost-free fridge-freezer is quiet enough to have it positioned in a kitchen/diner without causing irritation?

I have an ordinary fridge-freezer at the moment, which needs replacing. I should like the replacement to be a frost-free model, but have been told frost-free models make more noise because of extra parts, like internal fans. I do not know if these fans run continuously or intermittently.

Reply to
Cycle

They are more noisy, and are also significantly less reliable due to the additional control complexity and moving parts.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I have just bought a Daweoo Frost Free Fridge Freezer and it is a little =

bit louder than my old Non Frost Free Fridge Freezer when the Fan comes=20 on. It doesn't run constantly, only about 5 mins every couple of hours. =

you soon get used to it... I suppose it depends how often you open=20 the door though it may come on more often - YMMV

Since I hated defrosting my Freezer compartment, I think it is worth it..= /

--=20 =AE=D6=D0 Remove spamtrap to reply.

Reply to
Rod