Air Vent for Domestic Rasiatoprs

Anyone familiar with "Toolstation" catalogue 52 Page332 I bought a "Air Vent Auto" 17968 and try to fox it but its male end threaded is marked 1/8" BSP. The radiators standard hole is larger may be 1/2" (Half inch) one. Is there any adapter which can match the radiator end and take the Air Vent Auto in. I am unable to handle the normat air vent pin as a result of very very poor eyesight and trembling hands. Any help appreciated.

Reply to
AAH

You need a 1/2" BSP taper male to 1/8" BSP female reducing bush.

You might find a taper version hard to find. A parallel version could be used if the thread is very well sealed against leaks.

Alternatively, find an air vent with a 1/2" BSP thread, such as BES part 17845

Actually, here are the reducing bushes too... Part 0784 taper Part 6623 parallel

(I would buy both, in case one doesn't work for some reason.)

You'll need PTFE tape or some other thread seal too, for both threads.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Andrew

Thank you very much for your information.

I found the

7498 1/8 BSP

with the radiator plug at Homebase.

Thanks for help.