Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

GAF ELK System Plus Warranty?
is the gaf elk system plus warranty worth much a roof proposal said it was $250 , then he said he would throw it in just wondering if anyone knows anthing about this warranty
3
3

Help with garage design!
I am needing/wanting to build a garage about 24x30. (but am open to other sizes). I need to do this myself. I don=92t have the money right now for a concrete floor. I live in the country. I have been...
6
6

Painting exterior stucco spray or roll?
I have a single story ranch style home that was built in the mid 1950's. The exterior is stucco and I am getting proposals on getting it painted. One of the beter painters in the area tells me...
36
36

Barn remodel into apartment
I am in the design part of my barn remodel. I have a few problems: 1. current uneven interior cement slab 2. cracked foundation in places, moving out about 2 inches along with West wall. How do I...
4
4

Problem with Painter - Repost
This is a repost.. ------------------------------------- Here is the situation. We hired a professional painting contractor. We have a 1920's stucco bungalow in CA. The painter gave us an...
1
1

Trouble with Sheetrock over Homasote
Hi. I decided to try to soundproof a common wall between me and my tenant. I ripped down the old sheetrock and got rid of the fiberglass insulation. I replaced it with SAFB and put up Homasote. I then...
5
5

split face block
I have water leaks in my building and someone recommended hydraulic liquid cement application to stop leaks. What is this stuff. Know where I can find out more about it?...
2
2

Frozen concrete
i have a new house that is about 6 months old. A samll area ( 5'x5') appears to have frozen, as it will forever brush away, as dust. it seems solid but the top has aggregate visible. I am not...
1
1

building with birch?
Has anybody any experience in building post & beam houses or other large structures using birch? I'm asking because I may have an opportunity to harvest a lot of birch trees around 6"-12" in...
1
1

Goodman furnaces and air conditioners
I'd appreciate comments regarding quality and durability of Goodman equipment. Also, if anyone has experience dealing with AC Direct, of Orlando, Florida, I'd like to know your impressions of...
2
2

Why Teco Nails?
For years I've wondered why we are supposed to use teco nails for joist hangers. Wouldn't a screw do a better job on holding things together in an earthquake or what ever? Thanks, RO
12
12

well water supply
------------------------------------- Hi, I hope to build a small campground on my property. I need to supply water to the sites from one or several wells. Eventually there will be 50 sites requiring...
20
20

A Disastrous Contract [case study]
Hey! Guys, I would like to ask you to take a look at this case study (I didn't paste it here since it's pretty long story): me please what you think. Thank you in advance! Regards, Pawel

Construction Vacancies
Cerebra Recruitment currently has many Construction jobs in the UK available. Please have a look at our website: http://www.cerebra.co.uk

Shed on a slope
I'm looking at putting a shed in my garden - it would be located on an existing concrete hardstanding area which slopes approx 1 in 10. The shed will probably be about 6' x 4'. What's...
3
3