Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Hardie plank - installing on curved surface?
Is is OK to bend fiber cement and install on a curved surface like around a bow window? The Hardie site doesn't have any warnings or instructions about installing on a surved surface. And I've...
4
4

Need a plumber
Anyone know of a good plumber in Seattle area? I have a leak under my sink and don't want to be taken to the cleaners to get it repaired. Thanks!
1
1

Need Plumber (Bellevue)
Looking for a plumber to repair toilet and bathtub in a Nea Zmirni apartment before I arrive at the end of August. If you can help or can recommend someone, please contact me.

Need plumber & electrician
I have a friend in Bellevue who has just bought a great old craftsman house and is scheduled to move in a couple of weeks and needs several things done before she moves. Specifically she needs a...
1
1

You Light Up the Room - Wall Sconce
I could be describing that luscious blonde as she sashays across the room or that tanned muscular hunk as he enters the room, but I=92m not. I=92m describing the brilliant ambiance of the Wall Sconce....

Hiding aggregate in concrete pour
I'm unable to find any information pertaining to "floating" concrete when it is poured into a form. My ultimate goal is to hide all coarse aggregate from all surfaces when poured into a mold. I...
6
6

Adding Electrical To garage
I have a small 1.5 car detatched garage. I want to get some power into it via and underground line from my house. I will hire an electrician to do this work. I have a concern about this work that...
6
6

recommendations for good flat roof sealcoat?
i have a flat roof with a torch-down rolled asphalt surface. it's been installed for 5+ years and i use that fibered aluminum silver stuff you find at home depot and lowes to periodically coat it....

IDP Interns and Architects - One Day Event
ARE YOU BLIND? How about in a wheelchair? Arthritic? Then how can you really know how to design a building for ALL people? RAMP UP! In one day experience your profession in a new way and transform...
1
1

Avoiding "Gap" Between 2 Windows
Converting garage into family room. I want to have a set of double windows installed. I thought I could go out and buy two regular windows and have them installed side-by-side. Now I am worried. I...
8
8

New Design for Gibraltar bridge
Hi, all, Are there anybody who is still interested in Gibraltar bridge? Recently it was said that a tunnel is being planned: actually have a creative idea to build an economical and feasible bridge...
17
17

Sink Hole Near Deep Well
A sinkhole, now about 2 feet deep and approx. 4 feet wide by 5 feet long, has formed within 5 feet from my deep well equipped with a submersible pump over 100 feet down. My water supply has not been...
3
3

Construction Demand and Supply
i want to find out like after a long recession, the construction industry is now undergoing robust growth, with high demand for built products why must prices of built products be reined in? and how...

Construction Demand and Supply
i want to find out like after a long recession, the construction industry is now undergoing robust growth, with high demand for built products why must prices of built products be reined in? and how...
14
14

WalMart ColorPlace Patio Paint?
Hi I need to repaint my patio, it is concrete, it sees alot of foot traffic. I was going to use the Kelly Moore 1350 patio paint, then I saw the ColorPlace paint at Walmart. They also make a patio...
11
11