Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

New mixing valve
Chris Clouthier ------------------------------------- I installed a new mixing valve and have less water pressure than before I replaced it. The water pressure in thehouse is great so I dont...
12 years ago 3

Painting new prepainted downspouts ? DTM paint?
Hello I just got new gutters and downspouts installed prepainted Aluminum 30 White. I am painting the house and wanted to paint the downspouts the color of the home. I will leave the gutters white....
12 years ago 2

building a pole shed Options
I have been thinking about building a pole shed for a few years, and I think next year is the time to start. can somone point out some things I need to research on this? this is a start of some of the...
12 years ago 2

Cleaning river rock fireplace
------------------------------------- I have a river rock fireplace that is about 2 years old. I would like to clean it prior to sealing it, as some of the rocks have discolored. I collected these...
12 years ago 5

School building construction facing new frontier in design standards (BizJournals)
public pressure mounts and it becomes more financially feasible, schools are increasingly weighing how to build environmental sustainability into their designs, even if it means higher up front costs....
12 years ago

Gameroom construction/building code?
We just bought a newer foreclosure earlier this year in the DFW TX area.. Home is only 4 years old and has a designated gameroom. It is located upstairs and I want to move a small coin-op pool table...
12 years ago 12

Green building products for home improvement
Ecoplanit is a community supported directory of green building resources including information on renewable energy, energy auditing services, and a wide variety of sustainable building alternatives to...
12 years ago 1

Downspout Installation ?
I am having a re-roof done including new gutters and downspouts. The gutter guy came out yesterday and installed the gutters and downspouts. Some of the downspouts are not perpendicular. If I measure...
12 years ago 7

cuctom house contractor
Where can I get a home improvement contractor in the Washington area? I found this site, but I also need your opinions. Please help me. Thanks. ================= [url= improvement contractor[/url]...
12 years ago 6

What's your favorite thin-wall anchor?
Mobile homes (not RVs) have this pathetic, thin board stuff for walls. It won't even hold a sheet metal screw. There are so many anchors available for drywall, but which is best for this type of...
12 years ago 7

OT: To Boeing union
As a machinist with 40 yrs experience, I have avoided unions like the plague. A strike at this point seems ill-advised, EADS is taking over the 100+ seat market. Boeing has a 275 billion dollar...
12 years ago 1

Newbie needs lots of info on PT lumber
Hi: I am a total newbie when it comes to building. I bought some plans for a deck (eventually a gazebo), spent $$$ on tools, and also spent several hundred $$ on PT lumber at Home Depot this spring....
12 years ago 7

finishing concrete sidewalk curbs
I noticed that the forms on concrete curbs are pulled off fairly quickly. How do they finish these? Are they rubbed or brushed with a concrete slurry to get the bug holes out etc? Also, how soon after...
12 years ago 15

Construction Marketing
There is a new article up on the Construction Marketing Blog entitled Construction Marketing - Advertising. The article talks about contractor's use of yellow pages ads and newspaper ads. It has...
12 years ago

400A resedential service
I upgraded my house from 100A to 200A 5 years ago. I buried 3" conduit from the pole to the house. I was told the 3" would support 400A. At the time I did not have the money to install 400A, so I just...
12 years ago 49